CIBER collaborates with its network to implement joint programs designed to facilitate cross-border trade, investment and educational exchanges. Activities include:
- technical assistance to individual firms
- seminars and workshops
- research and intern support
- partner identification
CIBER is also engaged in a variety of applied research projects designed to enhance business competitiveness in global markets.
The GSU-CIBER Advisory Council incorporates a highly distinguished group of faculty, administrators, business leaders, representatives from regional higher education institutions and an appointee of current Georgia Governor Nathan Deal. Council members met periodically beginning since May 2009 to help formulate the strategic thrusts, project objectives and activities of the proposed center. They were instrumental in defining the areas of need and how GSU-CIBER could respond to meet these needs.
Representatives of Georgia State University Administration
- Mark P. Becker, President, Georgia State University
- Richard Phillips, Dean, J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- Heather Housley, Director, Office of International Students and Scholars
- William J. Long, Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
- Gwen Benson, Associate Dean of School and Community Partnership, College of Education
- Jun Liu, Provost for International Initiatives
Faculty Representatives of the J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- Dan Bello, Sunday Professor, Professor of International Marketing
- Jacobus Boers, Assistant Dean for International Engagement and Director, Global Partners MBA Program
- Ken Bernhardt, Taylor E. Little, Jr. Professor of Marketing
- V. Kumar, Richard and Susan Lenny Distinguished Chair, Professor of Marketing
- Steven D. Olson, Director, The Center for Ethics and Corporate Responsibility
- Detmar Straub, J. Mack Robinson Distinguished Professor of Computer Information Systems
- Pedro E. Carrillo, Instructor, Institute of International Business
- David C. Bruce, Professor, Institute of International Business
- Karen D. Loch, Professor, Institute of International Business
Faculty Representatives from Foreign Language, International Studies, and Professional Schools
- Michael P. Eriksen, Professor and Director, Institute of Public Health
- Gayle Nelson, Professor and Director, International Programs, College of Arts and Sciences
- Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, Regents Professor of Economics, and Director, International Studies Program, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies
- William Nichols, Chair, Modern and Classical Languages
- German Torres, Associate Chair, Modern and Classical Languages
Representatives of Local and Regional Businesses
- Ed Baker, Executive in Residence, J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- Frank Blount, Chairman and CEO, JI Ventures; former CEO of Cypress Communications and Telstra Corp. Ltd. (Australia); Director at: Adtran, Caterpillar Inc., Energy Corp., KBR, Hanson PLC
- David Boehmig, President, Atlanta Fine Homes
- Phil Bolton, Founder and President, Agio Press and Global Atlanta
- Ahmet Bozer, Executive Vice President of The Coca-Cola Company
- Rahim Charania, CEO, American Fueling Systems
- Rene M. Diaz, Chairman and CEO, Diaz Foods, Atlanta, Georgia
- Bradford W. Ferrer, Executive VP Finance and Administration, CNN Worldwide, Turner Broadcasting Co.
- Tony G. Holcombe, President and CEO, Syniverse Technologies
- Eric Joiner, Vice Chairman and Co-Founder, AJC International. Inc.
- Stephen J. Kay, Americas Coordinator, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- William Pate, CEO, Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
- William M. Poole, President, World Trade Center Atlanta, Partner, Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Deepak Raghavan, Co-Founder, Manhattan Associates, Inc.
- Michael S. Shannon, Retired former Senior Executive at Equifax Inc.
- Nick Shreiber, CEO and Principal Partner, Nick Shreiber & Associates, LLC
- Houston W. Staton, Chairman & Founder, WirelessWERX, Inc.
- Geri P. Thomas, President, Georgia Bank of America
- Mark Whitlock, CEO, Central Education Center, Newnan, Georgia
Bi-National Chambers of Commerce and Atlanta Consular Corps
- Jorge Fernandez, Vice President for Global Commerce, Metro Atlanta
- Luis Izaguirre, Executive Director, Hispanic American Center for Economic Development (HACED), Atlanta, Georgia
- Lucia Jennings, President, Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce
- Tisha Tallman, President and CEO, Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Atlanta, Georgia
Representative Appointed by the Former Governor of the State of Georgia
- Dawn Townsend, Special Advisor to Governor Nathan Deal, Division Director, Georgia Department of Economic Development
Faculty Representatives of Community Colleges and Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Charles Moses, Dean, Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Barron Harvey, Dean, School of Business Administration, Howard University, Washington, D.C.
- Helen Taylor Caldwell, Provost, Johnson C Smith University, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Patrick Liverpool, Dean, North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Tejinder Sara, Dean, Brimmer College of Business and Information Science, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama