International Business Webinar Series
Since April 2020, Georgia State University CIBER has hosted a prolific series of webinars designed to inform faculty, students, and the business community about pertinent international business topics. These informative webinars are offered free to the public and address categories including pedagogy for teaching international business, contemporary trade and investment issues, and research trends in international business. Beginning in October 2020, a new category of webinars was introduced, featuring conversations with senior business executives of global organizations. Speakers are experts drawn from Georgia State CIBER and the national CIBER MSI Consortium network, targeting an extensive outreach network which includes MSIs, two- and four-year colleges, and trade practitioners.
View the latest International Business Webinar Series Monthly Scorecard here.
The 2022 webinar schedule is still in progress. Specific dates and times will be announced as planning progresses over the coming weeks. Some of the upcoming topics include:
- African Emerging Markets and the Internationalization of their MNEs
- Assessment of Mode of Delivery and Learning Outcomes in International Business Courses
- Conversations with Global Business Leaders
- Designing IB Courses: Employability Imperatives
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Ethics and Sustainability
- Experiential Learning in IB: Tools of the Trade
- Fundamentals of International Finance: How You Can Enhance Student Comprehension and Make Your Students Love the Subject
- Integrity of Exams in an Online Setting
- Conversations with new and seasoned teachers: What works for me
- MedTech response to COVID-19
- Modes of Delivery and Learning Effectiveness in IB
- Risk Management in IB
- Taking Online Courses: Online courses from the perspective of the student
- Virtual Collaboration in IB: Effectively bringing virtual collaboration, used in IB on a daily basis, into the classroom
The International Business Webinar Series is a project of the national CIBER Minority Serving Institution (MSI) Consortium, led by Georgia State University CIBER and sponsored by CIBERs at Florida International University, George Washington University, Indiana University, Loyola Marymount University, Michigan State University, Temple University, Texas A&M University, University of Colorado-Denver, and the University of Maryland. This program is partially funded by the U.S. Department of Education.
Previous Monthly Scorecards:
Looking for more?
Receive updates from CIBER straight to your inbox, and you’ll be the first to know to about upcoming webinars and more!Yes, send me updates!