Call for Poster Proposals
Competitive Poster Sessions
Proposal Submission Timeline
- Submission of Proposals Due
- April 30, 2018
Do you have an idea or best practice to share with fellow educators who teach international business? Are you interested in learning about their classroom innovations? Or just network with others who share a passion for enhancing international business education?
If so, consider attending the annual International Business Pedagogy Workshops sponsored by the national network of CIBERs and hosted by Georgia State University CIBER in Atlanta, GA, from May 31 – June 3, 2018.
Participants in the 2018 International Business Pedagogy Workshops are also invited to submit proposals to poster sessions. These poster sessions are dedicated to expose and share cutting-edge practices in teaching IB. The workshop program will include a list of poster presenters and their topics. Top three presenters are recognized with a monetary award.Submit your poster proposal
The 2018 International Business Pedagogy Workshops Poster Session Committee seeks proposals that reflect the best thinking and cutting-edge practices in the field. These proposals should:
- Reflect innovation and cutting edge content
- Encourage discussion and audience engagement
- Present evidence based on or supported by research
- Target a variety of professionals
- Lend themselves to adoption by other educators
The following are illustrative of issues that may be considered:
- Classroom innovations to enhance learning of international business concepts
- Creating active and engaging learning experiences
- Use of instructional technology in content delivery and learning
- Engaging exercises to reinforce learning of IB concepts
- New content (modules, cases, games, etc.) for teaching IB
- Experiential learning in IB (study abroad, internships, field studies, etc.)
- The scholarship of teaching and learning in IB
- Creating and sustaining cross-border partnerships that enrich classroom experience
- Content specific to teaching specialized IB courses such as International Marketing, Cross-cultural Management, etc.
Submit two documents, one for the poster proposal and one for your contact information. Both documents must include the title of your submission. Please follow the following format and style:
- Use double-spaced format, Times New Roman, 12-point font
- Start with the poster title
- Include an extended abstract: 1000 words maximum, plus selected references
- Please include the following headings in your submission:
- Description of the contribution
- Target audience
- Relevance to teaching specific course in IB
- Your own experience with this practice or tool
- Include any additional materials such as tables, figures, graphs, etc.
- Your submission can be either a Word document or pdf format.
To ensure a blind review, authors should avoid revealing their identities in the body or reference section of the proposal. Contact information including authors’ names, address, phone numbers, e-mails, titles, affiliations, and proposal title should be provided in a separate document.
Please submit poster proposals at: http://ibknowledge.com/home/upload-your-poster-proposal by April 30, 2018. If you have any questions regarding the poster session or the submission process, please contact GSU-CIBER team at email@example.com
Proposal Selection Process
All poster proposals will be evaluated by a peer review committee following a double-blind process; reviewers will not know the authors, nor will authors know the names of their reviewers. The Poster Session Review Committee is made-up of five members with extensive IB teaching and research experience, and representing institutions of higher educations on four continents.
Colleagues whose proposals are accepted for presentation at the poster session will have their names included in the official 2018 conference program.
Each poster proposal will be evaluated for:
- Importance of the topic to the audience
- Novelty and creativity
- Adaptability for use by other faculty members
Best Poster Awards
Workshop attendees will be asked to cast ballots for the top three posters. Monetary prizes will be awarded for the first, second, and third place posters during the lunch on Sunday, June 3rd. Prizes will be $1,000, $700, and $500 for first, second, and third places, respectively.
The winners at the 2016 Workshops: