Minority Serving Institution (MSI) Consortium
Purpose and Activities
For over two decades, a consortium of CIBERs have been assisting HBCUs with faculty development, study abroad, faculty development abroad, grant writing, and pedagogical resource sharing activities. This has been the largest platform for CIBER collaboration and has created much goodwill among the HBCUs. GSU-CIBER now serves as the lead CIBER in this collaborative effort with other CIBERs. Expanded and enriched, the new Minority Serving Institution (MSI) Consortium will now include the Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs) and other Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs).
- Institutional Mentoring Program: Sponsoring CIBERs partner with an HBCU/HSI as a sponsor of the Minority Serving Institution Mentor Program, and provide faculty development support and technical assistance with program planning, implementation, and grant writing and assistance with the internationalization of its business programs.
- International Business Pedagogy Workshops: The annual faculty development workshops have trained over 1,500 faculty around the country over the past two decades. Previously hosted by the University of Memphis CIBER, the workshops are designed to help U.S. business faculty bring international context into the classroom and to expand their classroom knowledge and skills.
For more information: GSU-CIBER FDIB
- GSU-CIBER International Business Case Competition: Open to students from the MSI Consortium, this two-day event brings together seven to ten teams from the MSI Consortium, with four undergraduate students per team. The teams receive an internationally focused business case and present their solutions to a panel of judges consisting of executive leaders from the Atlanta business community.
For more information: GSU-CIBER Case Competition
- Dissemination of pedagogical resources for the teaching of International Business: Resource materials and information from sponsoring CIBERs are made available to the MSI Consortium through the new resource repository: www.ibknowledge.com
Current Sponsors and Mentor Institutions
- Brigham Young University
- George Washington University
- Georgia State University
- Indiana University
- Michigan State University
- Temple University
- Texas A&M University
- The University of Texas Austin
- University of Colorado-Denver
- University of Maryland
- University of Miami