2019 IB Case Competition
This year’s international business case competition brought together 28 students on March 7-8, 2019 from the following seven universities: Georgia State University, Governors State University, Howard University, Johnson C. Smith University, Lincoln University, Morehouse College, and Prairie View A&M University.
Case Competition in Numbers
We received evaluations from 36 students:
- 96% of respondents felt that the experience of focusing on the case enhanced their problem-solving skills.
- According to 96% of respondents, the experience of preparing a presentation as a team was a helpful professional development experience.
- 96% of respondents would recommend others to participate in this event next year.
- As stated by 83% of respondents, the competition rules were clearly presented and explained.
- 80% of respondents express that the CIBER Team should continue to use the mixed team format for future case competitions.
- 100% of respondents think that the overall coordination of this event was very good.
- 96% of respondents characterized their experience as very beneficial and enjoyable
Selected Quotes from Participants
The event received much praise from the participants. Attendees expressed great satisfaction with the content and overall hosting of the event. Here are some representative comments:
“It was an amazing and life changing experience!”
“Overall, it was a great experience, everyone was very professional and made me feel welcomed. I learned a lot about myself as well.
“This was amazing and I would love to come back!”
“Great experience, I would recommend more student s to come!”
“The organization of the competition was great. I am very appreciative of the opportunity!”
The International Business Case Competition will continue to be a major activity of the national CIBER MSI Consortium, and based on evaluation feedback, we will continue to look for areas to improve on the current format.