The GSU-CIBER Advisory Council incorporates a highly distinguished group of faculty, administrators, business leaders, representatives from regional higher education institutions and an appointee of current Georgia Governor Nathan Deal. Council members met periodically beginning since May 2009 to help formulate the strategic thrusts, project objectives and activities of the proposed center. They were instrumental in defining the areas of need and how GSU-CIBER could respond to meet these needs.
Representatives of Georgia State University Administration
- Mark P. Becker, President, Georgia State University
- Richard Phillips, Dean, J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- Mary Beth Walker, Associate Provost for Strategic Initiatives and Innovatioin
- Heather Housley, Director, Office of International Students and Scholars
- Sarah Rosen, Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
- Gwen Benson, Associate Dean of School and Community Partnership, College of Education
- Wolfgang Schlör, Provost for International Initiatives
- Stephen Murray, Director, Study Abroad Programs
Faculty Representatives of the J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- Dan Bello, Director, Institute of International Business and CIBER Director of Research Initiatives
- Jacobus Boers, Assistant Dean for International Engagement and Director, Global Partners MBA Program
- V. Kumar, Richard and Susan Lenny Distinguished Chair, Professor of Marketing
- Pedro E. Carrillo, Senior Lecturer, Institute of International Business
- Karen D. Loch, Professor, Institute of International Business
- Leigh Anne Liu, Professor, Institute of International Business and GSU-CIBER Coordinator of International Business Pedagogy
- Fernando Doria, Senior Lecturer, Institute of International Business
- Mourad Dakhli, Associate Professor, Institute of International Business and GSU-CIBER Coordinator of Curriculum & Instructional Technology
- Ed Baker, Executive in Residence, Robinson College of Business; former Publisher, Atlanta Business Chronicle
- Marta White, GSU-CIBER Coordinator for Student Activities and Competitions
Faculty Representatives from Foreign Language, International Studies, and Professional Schools
- Michael P. Eriksen, Professor and Director, Institute of Public Health
- William Nichols, Chair, World Languages & Cultures and Director, Center for Urban Language Teaching and Research and GSU-CIBER Director of Business Languages
- German Torres, Professor, World Languages & Cultures and GSU-CIBER Coordinator for Less Commonly Taught Languages
- Donald Reitzes, Associate Dean for Social and Behavior Sciences
- Michael P. Eriksen, Dean and Professor, School of Public Health
Representatives of Local and Regional Businesses
- Ed Baker, Executive in Residence, J. Mack Robinson College of Business
- Frank Blount, Chairman and CEO, JI Ventures; former CEO of Cypress Communications and Telstra Corp. Ltd. (Australia); Director at: Adtran, Caterpillar Inc., Energy Corp., KBR, Hanson PLC
- David Boehmig, President, Atlanta Fine Homes
- Phil Bolton, Founder and President, Agio Press and Global Atlanta
- Ahmet Bozer, Executive Vice President of The Coca-Cola Company
- Rahim Charania, CEO, American Fueling Systems
- Rene M. Diaz, Chairman and CEO, Diaz Foods, Atlanta, Georgia
- Bradford W. Ferrer, Executive VP Finance and Administration, CNN Worldwide, Turner Broadcasting Co.
- Tony G. Holcombe, President and CEO, Syniverse Technologies
- Eric Joiner, Vice Chairman and Co-Founder, AJC International. Inc.
- Stephen J. Kay, Americas Coordinator, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- William Pate, CEO, Atlanta Convention and Visitors Bureau
- William M. Poole, President, World Trade Center Atlanta, Partner, Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Deepak Raghavan, Co-Founder, Manhattan Associates, Inc.
- Michael S. Shannon, Retired former Senior Executive at Equifax Inc.
- Nick Shreiber, CEO and Principal Partner, Nick Shreiber & Associates, LLC
- Houston W. Staton, Chairman & Founder, WirelessWERX, Inc.
- Geri P. Thomas, President, Georgia Bank of America
- Mark Whitlock, CEO, Central Education Center, Newnan, Georgia
Bi-National Chambers of Commerce and Atlanta Consular Corps
- Jorge Fernandez, Vice President for Global Commerce, Metro Atlanta
- Luis Izaguirre, Executive Director, Hispanic American Center for Economic Development (HACED), Atlanta, Georgia
- Lucia Jennings, President, Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce
- Tisha Tallman, President and CEO, Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Atlanta, Georgia
Representative Appointed by the Former Governor of the State of Georgia
- Dawn Townsend, Special Advisor to Governor Nathan Deal, Division Director, Georgia Department of Economic Development
- Mary Waters, Special Advisor to Governor Nathan Deal, Georgia Department of Economic Development Deputy Commissioner for International Trade
Faculty Representatives of Community Colleges and Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Charles Moses, Dean, Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Barron Harvey, Dean, School of Business Administration, Howard University, Washington, D.C.
- Helen Taylor Caldwell, Provost, Johnson C Smith University, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Patrick Liverpool, Dean, North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Tejinder Sara, Dean, Brimmer College of Business and Information Science, Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama