Georgia State University recognizes the critical importance for the United States to sustain its leadership as a globally competitive economy. CIBER’s mission is to fully deploy its rich assets of faculty talent, programs and educational offerings, as well as its vast network of regional, national and international partnerships to serve its various stakeholder groups.
CIBER at Georgia State University pursues the following objectives:
- Serve as a national resource for the teaching of business and international context
- Provide instruction and training in critical foreign languages and international fields
- Conduct research and training to enhance the preparedness of U.S. businesses to compete with their foreign counterparts
- Strengthen knowledge, skills and preparedness of regional businesses to successfully conduct international business
- Reach out to faculty and students of two-year, four-year and historically black colleges in the Southeastern U.S. region, with innovative international business education and faculty development programs
The work agenda of CIBER at Georgia State University includes:
- Academic outreach to minority-serving institutions
- Applied research on global competitiveness of U.S. businesses
- Curriculum and pedagogical tool development for teaching IB
- Strengthening less commonly taught languages
- Interdisciplinary studies of U.S. competitiveness in global markets
- Implementation of collaborative business outreach programs with Atlanta-based partners
- Partnerships with interdisciplinary centers of excellence at Georgia State University
- Collaborative initiatives with the CIBER network
2016 FDIB Workshops
- held on June 2-5, 2016.
- sponsored by Emerald Group Publishing Inc. and CIBERs at: Brigham Young University, George Washington University, Indiana University, Michigan State University, Temple University, Texas A&M University, University of Colorado-Denver, University of Maryland, University of Miami, University of Texas Austin.
Date: June 1–4, 2017
Location: Georgia State’s Buckhead Center
Hosted by GSU-CIBER
Save the date! More details coming soon!
The Middle Class Scorecard
Imagine getting a clear snapshot of business opportunities in 25 emerging markets in one easy-to-read index. It’s now possible with the Middle Class Scorecard, developed by researchers at Georgia State University Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER). For more information, please visit www.ibknowledge.com.Read more
International Business Case Competition
The International Business Case Competition, hosted by GSU-CIBER, is an annual event in which students from different universities are placed in groups to solve a real-world business problem. The competition provides the students with the opportunity to meet other students from all over the globe as well as gain insight of real-world business issues.Find out more